Monday 29 April 2013

The Wonder of Clouds

I love photographing clouds. I love photographing sunsets. Tonight I got to do both with spectacular results, because tonight we got one of those all too rare bushfire sunsets. I swear to you that the spectacular red and yellow colours were not visible to the naked eye. This is just what my camera picked up. I didn't use any filters. I slightly altered the contrast using my imaging software, but not much. I didn't need to. The camera did it all.

Starting off with just the normal evening sky down at the park:







At this point, I turned my back to the sun and put down my camera to talk to some people about dogs and stuff. A few minutes later, I suddenly turned around and this is what I saw. As you can imagine I couldn't pick up my camera fast enough:







No comments:

Post a Comment